Compliance. Risk Management. Generating Returns. Manager Selection. Asset Allocation. Minimizing Expenses. Administration. Governance. Fiduciary Oversight.
Whether you represent a corporation, plan sponsor, nonprofit, healthcare system, union or public fund, you and your board members are ultimately accountable for an increasing level of responsibility and oversight. As your Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO), Commerce Trust Company, a division of Commerce Bank, can share your fiduciary burden, when you delegate the responsibility to build and implement customized investment strategies based upon your required governance structure. We bring your organization a wealth of investment experience and insight from more than seven decades of experience working with a diverse institutional client base. Our services include full-time investment management, assistance with changing regulations, management of back office processes, and ultimately shared fiduciary responsibility.
CHOOSE COMMERCE TRUST COMPANY
Commerce Trust began managing institutional investments in 1946, accumulating more than seven decades of experience. Our sole focus is to clearly understand your objectives and tailor an investment solution to meet your needs. Commerce Trust investment decisions are rooted in market research and have been tested over time and across many market cycles. We know that success is often defined by how our decisions impact your long-term sustainability and ability to carry out your goals or mission. Whether you are a pension fund sponsor focused on meeting your pension obligations while remaining well-funded, or a university foundation that needs to increase campus support due to appropriation or funding changes, we will serve as an extension of your staff or board, helping to guide your investments with your long-term goals in focus.
Each Commerce Trust OCIO relationship begins by gaining an understanding of your goals, risk tolerance, liquidity needs, and desired return. From there, we assist each client in developing an investment policy statement that provides the guidelines we use to construct a tailored investment portfolio.
Our clients choose which services we provide. Many of our clients utilize our full OCIO offering, while others hire us as a complement to an existing strategy. Regardless, our service helps Commerce Trust clients simplify institutional investment management and regulatory back office processes with a comprehensive fiduciary approach.
- Open architecture platform (fixed income, equity, alternatives, mutual funds, ETFs, ESG, etc.)
- Separate account management (with ESG/SRI overlay, if required)
- Investment policy services, such as: an asset allocation study, benchmarking and tracking error analysis, spending and sustainability study, and asset/liability analysis
- Discretionary investment management services
- Comprehensive and transparent portfolio and performance reporting, including full attribution analysis
- Custody services
- Administrative services, such as: fund accounting, charitable gift administration, pension payment processing, marketable securities gift processing, etc.
- Well diversified
- Use of index and/or actively managed strategies
- Strategic and tactical asset allocation
- Open architecture and/or proprietary strategies
- Manager research and due diligence
- Assistance with construction of investment governance policies
- Portfolio construction, as well as ongoing monitoring and rebalancing
- Risk evaluation
- Adherence to Investment Policy Statement
COMMERCE TRUST COMPANY
SERVES A MULTITUDE OF CLIENTS, INCLUDING
- Retirement Plans
- Balance Sheet Assets
- Reserve Funds
- Diverse industries including Insurance, Construction, Manufacturing, Industrial, Service Industry, etc.
- Charitable Gift and/or Charitable Trust Assets
- Operating Assets or Reserve Funds
- Additional service to all types of nonprofits, including Hospitals/Healthcare Providers, Religious Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Primary and Secondary Schools, Health and Human Services Organizations, Community Foundations, and other types of public charities.
- Pension Funds
- Municipal Services
- State/Local Agencies
- Public Service Agencies
- Pension Funds
- Health/Welfare Funds
- Labor Union Assets
Contact Us for More Information On OCIO Services