Online Banking Security
Commerce Bank's Online Banking is now more secure than ever. Our enhanced security program protects you in two ways:
- We can verify your identity
- You can verify that you're at our secure site
How does it work?
When you activate Online Banking, you will create a Customer ID and a Password that’s known only to you.
After that, you'll use your Customer ID and Password for authentication every time you log in. This efficient login process provides you with another layer of security and privacy.
We've also added security questions so that, any time you log in from a computer that you haven't asked us to remember, we can make sure it's really you.
For more information on our new security program, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Our new security program works in combination with the safeguards we've already been using in Online Banking:
- 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your data so that it is unreadable as it travels across the Internet. SSL also authenticates the server with which you're communicating, so you can be sure that your information is going to Commerce Bank Online Banking and not to another location.
- Multiple firewalls that protect our systems from unauthorized access.
- Your unique Customer ID and Password, which is known only to you.
- Annual reset of your Online Banking Password.
- The time-out feature, which automatically logs you out of our system after a period of inactivity.
- Secure email inside our Online Banking system, should you need to communicate with us regarding your account.
Enhance the security of your account
You can also take steps to enhance the security of your account information:
- Use secure email inside Online Banking to send email containing account information to us.
- Change your password periodically. We will require you to change it annually. Choose a password that's difficult to guess.
You are responsible for keeping your Customer ID and Password, security questions and answers, account numbers, personal information and account data confidential, and for informing us immediately if you believe there has been an unauthorized transaction in your account or you believe the security of your password has been compromised. To report any such activity, call us at 800-986-2265.
Commerce Bank is not responsible for customer errors or negligent use of our Online Banking services.
For complete information, please review our Online Banking Terms and Conditions